MFNSS is a unique school system designed for First Nations, by First Nations, that provides an education system recognizing First Nations languages, cultures, and land-based education as integral for First Nations students.
MFNSS operates under the umbrella of MFNERC and is responsible for the administration and management of the educational services for 11 First Nations. Twenty-nine MFNSS staff, working within Instructional Services and Operations and Maintenance, provide comprehensive first, second, and third level services to 11 schools, including 492 school staff and 2,497 students.
MFNSS works with students in Grades N–12 on-reserve and with Adult Education, Private Home Placement (PHP), and Tuition students attending provincial or private schools.
The service delivery team provides administrative support and management of educational services, programming, transportation, and operations and maintenance of the schools’ facilities. MFNSS is supported by MFNERC’s Human Resources, Inclusive Education Services, Information Technology, and Finance Departments.
- Bloodvein First Nation – Miskooseepi School
- Brokenhead Ojibway Nation – Sergeant Tommy Prince School
- Dakota Plains Wahpeton Nation – Mahpiya Hdega School
- Dakota Tipi First Nation – Dakota Tipi School
- Fox Lake Cree Nation – Fox Lake School
- Keeseekoowenin Ojibway Nation – Keeseekoowenin School
- Lake Manitoba First Nation – Lake Manitoba School
- Lake St. Martin First Nation – Lake St. Martin School
- Pinaymootang First Nation – Pinaymootang School
- Roseau River Anishinabe First Nation – Ginew School
- York Factory First Nation – George Saunders Memorial School