Fulfilling the vision of First Nation’s leadership to take back control of First Nations education, MFNSS administers and manages elementary and secondary education programs and services for 11 First Nations, with more than 2400 students, as of July 2023.
First Nations have agreed to an initial five-year term, signaling the historic start of a partnership strengthening language and culture within communities through holistic delivery and land-based education from highly qualified First Nations education professionals.
- Bloodvein First Nation – Miskooseepi School
- Brokenhead Ojibway Nation – Sergeant Tommy Prince School
- Dakota Plains Wahpeton Nation – Mahpiya Hdega School
- Dakota Tipi First Nation – Dakota Tipi School
- Fox Lake Cree Nation – Fox Lake School
- Keeseekoowenin Ojibway Nation – Keeseekoowenin School
- Lake Manitoba First Nation – Lake Manitoba School
- Lake St. Martin First Nation – Lake St. Martin School
- Pinaymootang First Nation – Pinaymootang School
- Roseau River Anishinabe First Nation – Ginew School
- York Factory First Nation – George Saunders Memorial School